My client is looking for a Data Engineer to join their established IT team and become an integral part of a growing fintech in central London.
- Build applications to solve complex business problems
- Establish relationships with all teams
- Experience in Azure platform architecture and developing data engineering pipeline.
- Experience in SQL and Python (Spark)
- Provide technical assistance in data engineering, analysis, orchestrations and enrichment
- Build relationships within the business, understand our decision-making processes and identify opportunities to exploit data to enhance decision making
- Build data solutions/applications to solve complex business problems
- Deploy data pipelines and applications in a production-safe manner, using DevOps best practices to ensure scalability and re-useability.
Key Personal Competencies and Technical Skills
- Experience of working as a Data Engineer or similar role
- Proven track record in Data Engineering and supporting the business to gain true insight from data
- Strong SQL, Python and Azure data platform experience ADF, Azure Synapse.
- Experience with data tools and languages in a cloud native environment
- Demonstrable ability to design, implement and use different database structures with particular focus on cloud-based data services such as Azure, Databricks, Snowflake.
- Experience in building ETL/ELT data pipelines and use of DevOps (CI/CD) concepts to test, schedule, and deploy to a production environment
- Desirable experience in parallel computing to process large datasets and to optimise computationally intensive tasks.
- Desirable experience of using MI reporting tools and visualisations packages to utilize the datasets created during the engineering process as: PowerBI/Tableau/PlotlyDash
- Understand source control best practices and tooling – GitHub / BitBucket etc
- Well versed in project delivery methodologies – Waterfall, Agile
- Good understanding of development Methodologies – TDD, DevOps
- Experience of testing frameworks and best practices (functional, nonfunctional, security)
This is a great opportunity for a Data Engineer to join a company with an excellent package and great culture.
If this is of interest or you would like more information, then please get in touch and either call Anastasia at Dome Recruitment on 0208 2466 098 or email her